Mignanelli & Associates, Ltd.
Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning · Elder Law, Medicaid Planning and Guardianships · Probate and Trust Administration · Probate and Trust Litigation · Estate Tax Planning · Estate Planning for Same Sex Couples · Trust Reformation
Serving Rhode Island and Nearby Massachusetts Since 1984
Mignanelli & Associates, Ltd. represent clients in the areas of estate planning, elder law, guardianships, special needs planning, probate administration and probate and trust litigation. We combine the skill and high caliber of work you expect from a large firm with the attentiveness and personal touch of a smaller practice.
Estate planning, elder law and probate have been our focus since 1984. Our distinguished lawyers are well-known and respected in the field and have been involved in a number of precedent-setting cases with impact at the state and federal levels.
Sound Counsel at Every Step
|Original Artwork by
Estate planning, probate and elder law concerns often involve sensitive and difficult decisions. We understand that every client has a unique situation and objectives, and our goal is to tailor our approach to meet your goals. Whether in helping you understand your options regarding special needs trusts, living wills or estate tax planning or in providing compassionate and knowledgeable counsel during the guardianship or estate and trust administration process, you can rely on our experience to guide you.
Our firm provides legal representation and counsel in the following areas:
- Wills, trusts and estate planning: We help clients protect their assets today and in the future using a variety of estate planning tools, including wills and trusts. We have extensive experience helping clients with significant assets to understand the tax ramifications of different estate planning options. Our goal is to help you preserve your assets and protect your loved ones.
- Elder law, Medicaid planning and guardianships: We help clients facing the transition into a nursing home or long-term assisted living to understand income and asset requirements for Medicaid eligibility. We will help you understand your options in establishing eligibility while preserving your assets. Our firm also assists clients seeking to establish guardianships over loved ones who are no longer able to manage their own medical or financial affairs due to illness or incapacity.
- Probate and trust administration: After the loss of a loved one, we will provide supportive and knowledgeable counsel to help you navigate the often-complex probate and trust administration process.
- Probate and trust litigation: We will provide aggressive advocacy in and out of the courtroom. We handle will contests and other disputes related to probate and trust matters.
- Trust reformation: When documents that were prepared some time ago present unintended consequences or unnecessary estate taxes, our firm is capable of assisting families and trustees to correct and/or avoid those unintended consequences or unnecessary estate taxes.
- Estate tax planning: Estates can be subject to taxation. We provide estate planning techniques that can reduce, and in some cases eliminate, state and federal estate taxes.
- Estate planning for same sex couples: Estate planning for same sex couples is vitally important to protect your relationship, children, property and finances so that you are both protected during life and your assets will pass according to your wishes after death.
- Anonymous trusts for lottery winners: Work with experienced lottery attorneys to create the most advantageous legal and financial strategies for protecting your Rhode Island or Massachusetts State Lottery winnings while remaining anonymous with the use of an anonymous trust.
Call us at 401-455-3500 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced estate planning, elder law and probate attorney.