|Original Artwork by Adam Mignanelli|
Estate Planning: Wills, Trusts and Probate Attorneys
Mignanelli & Associates, Ltd. provides professional and experienced counsel that empowers our clients to protect and preserve their assets for themselves and future generations.
We have extensive experience assisting clients (including everyone from modest estates to those with federally taxable estates) in crafting effective estate plans aimed to preserve assets and minimize tax liability.
Small Firm Setting
Our firm takes pride delivering high-caliber work with attentiveness to detail and a personal touch. With the dedicated support of a knowledgeable legal staff our attorneys bring over 50 years of combined experience to every matter we handle.
For over 30 years, our firm has been at the forefront of developments in estate planning and probate law. Our experience in probate and trust litigation has helped clients set legal precedent in Rhode Island, and nationally. Mignanelli & Associates, Ltd. is a Martindale & Hubbell AV-rated firm, which is the highest rating given for ethical standards and professional expertise.
- Wills, trusts and estate planning: Using estate planning tools that include wills, trusts, special needs trusts, term trusts, financial and medical powers of attorney, we will customize an estate plan that meets personal needs and specific goals. We enable clients to protect current assets, minimize exposure to estate tax liability and clarify their wishes regarding the exact distribution of their assets.
- Elder law, Medicaid planning and guardianships: We help clients to establish guardianships for the care of a loved one no longer physically or mentally able to make medical and financial decisions without assistance. For clients facing transition into a nursing home or other long-term care arrangement, we counsel on strategies for asset preservation.
- Probate and trust administration: We help executors, administrators and trustees understand and fulfill their obligations including navigating the probate process to accomplish an orderly distribution of an estate or trust.
- Probate and trust litigation: When disputes arise during the probate administration or guardianship process, we aggressively represent our clients to protect their interests.
- Estate tax planning: Estates can be subject to taxation. We provide estate planning techniques that can reduce, and in some cases eliminate, state and federal estate taxes.
- Estate planning for same sex couples: Estate planning for same sex couples is vitally important to protect your relationship, children, property and finances, so you are both protected in life and your assets will pass according to your wishes after death.
- Trust reformation: When documents that were prepared some time ago present unintended dilemmas or estate taxes, our firm assists families and trustees to correct those matters and/or avoid the unintended consequences, when possible.
- Locating missing heirs: We have extensive experience in locating missing heirs and beneficiaries so that a decedent's assets are properly distributed according to the wishes of the laws of intestacy where the decedent did not leave a will.
- How to Claim Mass. Lottery Winnings Anonymously: Mignanelli & Associates, Ltd. has successfully used anonymous trusts to allow lottery winners to remain completely anonymous while having immediate access to their lottery winnings.
We represent clients throughout Rhode Island and nearby Massachusetts and your initial consultation is free. To schedule an appointment, call us at 401-455-3500 or contact us. Our office is located in the Financial District of Providence, in the The Elegant (formerly the Amica Building). Offices are open Monday through Friday 8:30 to 5:00. Weekend, evening and off-site meetings are available, where necessary, by appointment.
The Rhode Island Supreme Court licenses all lawyers in the general practice of law. The Court does not license or certify any lawyer as an expert or specialist in any field of practice.